This weekend was Stake Conference, and I was SO glad I went. Jessie and I went to the Adult Session last night. I think that was my favorite (only because I didn't have to wrestle with the kids for 2 hours). This entire weekend I felt the Lord prompting me to be better with the time He has granted me on this earth. President Cain spoke last night about making sure we're doing all the most important things rather than almost doing the most important things. His remarks sparked a thought that I needed to reread Sister Beck's
BYU Woman's Conference talk and ensure I'm first doing the essentials (daily prayer, earnest scripture study, fasting, following the revelation I receive). Then I can add in the necessary-- those things that make life happen (making my home orderly and a place where the Spirit can dwell, dinners with family). Finally, if there's time left I can choose some nice to do things to add into my life (sew/quilting, lunches with friends, book club). Sister Beck says it much better, so I encourage you to read her talk.
Then today, President Hurst also spoke of the importance of doing and putting first things first. Another Sister spoke on the importance of Choose-- Choose to live the Gospel. Choose to experiment upon the Word and receive your own testimony. Although I already have a testimony, it was a great reminder that I can still experiment on any prompting I receive from the Holy Ghost.
I don't think it was an accident that these words were spoken. I NEEDED to hear them. I needed to be reminded and prompted to take a closer look at how I'm living, so that I can aline my life closer to how the Savior would want me to live.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! I've been feeling like I really need to make sure I have my priorities straight. I will definitely read Sister Beck's talk. Love you!
Post a Comment