Friday, January 28, 2011

Flashback Friday: There Was This Boy and This Girl...


who met in Belgium. They fell in love and got married. My brother Carl got married Oct 2009 in Belgium. We were lucky enough to be able to attend. Carl taught me how to say "I am Carl's sister" in Dutch to everyone who came through the line at the Reception. Some people would then continue talking in Dutch and I quickly let them know I could say nothing more and understood even less. The weekend went way too fast. I met many lovely people (including a family that Carl served with in Holland). It was a beautiful ceremony and our family was delighted to be apart of such a special day for my brother and sister-in -law.

The Happy Couple

Heidi and Carl told us all about the good food choices (can we say the Belgian Chocolate is DELISH!) I loved the street waffles and learned that there are 2 kinds of Belgian Waffles. The Leige Waffle with bits of sugar in the dough and the other kind (I don't need to remember that one because it's not nearly as yummy). My plan is to figure out how to recreate this wonderful snack. I'll have to let you know how it goes. I even bought some Pearl Sugar with recipes on the box. The recipes however are in Dutch and French and I don't read or speak much of either language.

We love visiting Belgium and look forward to many more trips.

No comments: