Saturday, July 4, 2009
Back to School
We've had some fun in the homeschooling department. I've loved having my kids home with me a watching their faces light up when what we're learning about finally clicks. Toward the end of this school year however things began to change. It was all I could to to get the basics done -reading, writing and math. Science and history and art were pretty much thrown out the window. After pray, agonizing, praying, feeling guilty, praying, more guilt (you get the idea) J and I decided to put the kids in the American School on base. We had talked about having them go to the English School here in the village, but that just made me feel ill-- still does. I'm at peace with them going to the new school, but I'm going to miss having the boys around. This has been such a difficult decision. I told J that we might homeschool another time, but right now it's better for them to go to the American School. WOW who would have thought this would be such a difficult thing. Wish them luck in the new school year-- which starts Aug 31.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Sounds like a hard decision, but we all know you want what's best for your family and that you are just trying to do what God wants you to do. You are so unselfish! Thanks for being a great example to me! I love you!
Love Anna
I am sorry that things didn't work out and that you had to struggle with that decision. Hopefully you have found peace with it, and you can use the time to prepare for future homeschooling maybe. Love ya! Janae
Be proud of yourselves for giving it a go! You can always pick up later. The kids will be fine. You both are fantastic parents!
Hello! I found you via the Conways blog - hope you don't mind.
We really enjoyed having you come over. The kids are all in bed now and things are nice and peaceful again!
Hope you have a good week even if you are in different countries!
Helen x
Hi Susannah this is Anna, What a big decision it is to homeschool or not. Nate and I have decided to have the girls go back as well. It's truly a hard decison and I still have guilty thoughts every now and again but I'm grateful for the time I've had and will treausure it always as I know you will.
Choosing the mode in which your children will gain their education is a HUGE decision. I was given a very hard time by a few moms in our neighborhood when I decided to stick with the neighborhood public school and have Isaac attend there. It was SO stressful. In the end, with all of the glitches that can come with a public school, Isaac loved it, Isaac made fun friends, and he learned a lot too. I do tons at home, but he really clicks when he is in a classroom..."Like oh, I remember this, that's what my mom said..." And all of a sudden he knows it! At home with out the peer interaction and without a teacher who isn't as removed...it is more difficult for him! Anyway, congrats on making a big decision and good luck!
Post a Comment