Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July






For the 4th, we went to the base carnival.  J was volunteering for his squadron, so I had the kids. Our first stop was a booth the Raptor Center set up.  There was a little owl with paralyzed legs the kids got to hold.  M said that was one of his favorite parts of the day.  They loved riding the rides and playing some games.  Their favorite part was winning a goldfish at the card and dart game.  They got their faces painted, and M was the tiger, B was a soccer ball, and lil M was a butterfly.  B's face didn't look very good, but he loved it.  
The fireworks were pretty good, but we weren't sure the grand finale was really the grand finale.  When there weren't anymore fireworks we knew that was it.  It was a great day, and I'm so grateful to be an American.


1 comment:

Shiloah Baker said...

I LOVE face painting! The kids are adorable!