PIE
The other day we checked out "Amelia Bedelia" By Peggy Parish. In the book, Amelia make a lemon meringue pie which saves her job. The boys thought it'd be fun to make one, so we did. I've never made lemon meringue pie before, and I didn't have a ready made crust. So we made everything from scratch.
For the past 8 years, the perfect pie crust eluded me until now. I never new why I couldn't roll out my crusts-- they were too dry. I know, I know a simple mistake, but one that ruins a pie crust. So here's the recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker
Buttermilk Pastry
2 C All Purpose Flour 1 tsp Salt
2/3 C shortening 3 Tbsp butter
2 tsp vegetable oil 1/3 C buttermilk
Mix flour and slat in medium bowl. Cut in shortening and butter, using pastry blender, until mixture resembles small peas. Mix in oil and buttermilk with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry leaves sides of bowl. Divide in half' shape each half into disk. If you only need on crust- freeze the second disk for later use. Roll pastry out to fit pie plate. for a curst that's baked before filling is added, heat oven to 475*. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Bake 8-10 min or until light brown.




1 comment:
That is such a cool idea!
Post a Comment