Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday M




I saw this on a friend's blog, and thought this would be perfect for M's 7th Birthday.  It doesn't seem like it's been that long ago we brought our beautiful little boy home from the hospital.

1. Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? In our first apartment in Provo.
2. Who was with you? J
3. What was your first reaction? I was so excited, and I couldn't believe it happened so fast.

4. What was your husband's reaction? He was happy and sad. J left for basic training 2 weeks later, and missed all but the last six weeks.

5. Who was the first person you told? J,  he was right there with me.

6. Was the pregnancy planned? 
Yes
7. Was everyone happy for you? 
They all sure seemed to be!
8. What was the sex? A boy, we found out at abt 20 weeks-- I hope for a girl-- he was due in Jan, and in my fam all the girls were born between Dec 30 and Jan 30, so it had to be a girl right?

9. What was the nursery theme/colors? Stars and Moon in light blue and soft yellow.

10. Did anyone throw a shower for you? My mom, and some wonderful sisters in the new ward we moved to in NC.

11. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use? Nope, I used everything we were given.

12. How much weight did you gain? 
Right at 70 pounds.  I was HUGE.
13. Did you get stretch marks? Yes, yes, yes.  

14. Did you crave anything crazy? Kraft Mac and Cheese

15. Did anyone annoy you? Everyone annoys me when I get pregnant.  That's how I know I'm pregnant.

16. Where were you when you went into labor? In my kitchen making lunch-- spaghetti-- It's M's favorite food.

17. Did you have any complications? Unfortunately yes,  placenta abruption, and a sodium sensitivity
18. Did your water break? Yes, I'm grateful I was in the kitchen and not a the furniture store we went to 30 earlier!
19. Who drove you to the hospital? J

20. Did you go early or late? He was 11 days late.

21. Who was in the room during delivery? J
 and the hospital staff.
22. Did you video tape it? No, we didn't have one.

23. Did you have any pain medication? 
Epidural 
24. Did you have a c-section or natural? C-section

25. What was your reaction to the birth? 
I cried...happy tears that is!
26. How big was the baby? 9 lbs

27. What was the baby's full name? M
 Taimana Butikofer
28. Did your husband cry? 
I think his eyes got watery for a minute...he was so excited!
29. When is the next one coming? They are already here!

30. If you could would you do it all over again? Yes, and hopefully soon.

6 comments:

janaeg said...

Happy Birthday M! Crazy how fast they grow. Love the pictures on here that were taken at my house. It makes me feel like we still get to see each other sometimes :-( Can't wait until we live closer... :-)

Dawn Hudson said...

Bryson and Carter both say Happy Birthday Crazy Boy.

Shiloah Baker said...

Happy birthday, M! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Susannah,

Thank you, Thank you for the lovely apron. That green is one of my favorite colors, and the biscuit's I need to see if I can find them here in the states. Although the name of them cracked me up, I thought maybe they were a fiber treat, but no, and so yummy.
Thank you again, and you have a lovely family.
Diane
2fun4u.wordpress.com

Anica said...

Hey lady! I saw on your 25 things that you like to blog and have 10 different post ideas in mind--okay, well get to it! I want to hear more from you!

Jedda said...

Hi, I got your email to the family today and was thrilled to see you are a blogger too. It is such a great way to keep in touch! It sounds like you are settling in. My sister-in-law is serving a mission there right now. Wish we could come visit. We are in IN right now for school. If you want to keep in touch, my blog is ThisLittleProject.blogspot.com
Jedda