The flights went well. We had a long layover in Atlanta. There is a USO in the air port, and we went there. I must say that was lovely. They had dinner for us, and the kids were able to play. B, Lil M and I crashed on the couches. M just wanted to get to England. He didn't like the waiting game. The flight to London was an overnight flight. The kids slept well, but J and I didn't.I think that's what happens when wiggly kids sleep on your lap!
We found a lovely house in the village that is near the base. We viewed three houses and peeked in the window's of another. The first house we really liked. It was quite large. The hob and cooker (stove and oven for the Americans) was huge. J and I weren't sure if our bed would fit in the Master. British king beds are like American queens, and it would be a tight squeeze with the built-ins. The main bath had carpet flooring--major minus with the kids. The garden was large, and the house had plenty of storage.
The second house was a big fat NO WAY. The kitchen reminded me of J and I first apartment. It was a "barbie" stove and fridge. None of the rooms were big. The listing said it had 3 double bedroom and a single. They were all singles if you ask me. Our bed wouldn't fit no matter what. None of the rooms had closets or built-in wardrobes.
The third house, which we picked, is a 3 double and 1 single bedroomed house. The garden (yard) has fruit trees, a greenhouse, a shed, and a deck and there's still plenty of room for the kids to play. Our landlady said that we also have a hedgehog that will visit us! The kids can't wait to see it. The kitchen is good-sized, with an attached laundry room. The house has a conservatory, dining room and lounge (living room). We also have a one car garage. The house is updated in the kitchen and bathrooms, and two of the bedrooms have closets. J and I are excited about the house. We move in on the 20th!
We don't have our van yet, but it should be here soon, and our Household Goods should come by the beginning of Feb. We're still adjusting to the differences here. It seems everyday we learn something new. J and I passed our driving tests, so we're legal to drive here! That's always a good thing. Driving on the other side of the road is taking some getting used to, but is easier than I thought.




10 comments:
yeah finally an update. The house looks lovely and I can't wait to see pics of the inside. We need to schdule up a skype call with the boys. Talk soon.
Glad you made it safely there! Your new home looks so cute! More posts and pictures lady!
Love the house! So do houses in England not have much storage? Only 2 of the bedrooms have closets? I love how you already have some of the jargon down. What a fun adventure!
Glad you guys it safe! What a cute looking house! Lucky for you get to move in on the 20th. We won't be able to move into a house until like the 9th of Feb. Living in a hotel for another 3 weels might send me over the edge!! Oh well. Can't wait to see more pictures. So glad we got to get together for lunch. I can't believe how time flies.
so i am going to say that i am a little jealous of you guys living over there. where in england are you guys living? i have family down in the SE. some of my favorite things over there are related to food: ribena, fruit pastels, fish and chips, lilt, lucozade, dolly mixture, jelly babies, smarties, chocolate digestive biscuits, meat pies, and much more. crazy to think that some of the places that you see while driving around are so old. i hope that all is going well for you and the transition. take care and drop me a line sometime.
austindyer@gmail.com
I'm so happy to hear you made it safely! And your house looks and sounds adorable! I finally got skype, so maybe when you guys are up and running and have some kind of routine, we can talk! Lots of love from us over here and from Parley over there (I think you're closer to him than I am!).
I want to come visit you! The house is so charming! And I'm glad you are safe-and-sound.
It looks really nice, you guys. I'll bet you can't wait to move in. I think I'd be halfway to insanity if I had to live in a hotel for that long. I think I've had it bad with the kids home from school for a few days. Yikes!
Cute house! Glad to see everything is going well. Your kids are getting so big!
WHAT IN THE WORLD>????? Where have I Been???? I had no idea you were going to England!!! What an adventure! Your house looks AWESOME--it is a dream of mine to take my girls to England and spend a summer in a cottage, visiting castles and historic sights...MAKE THE MOST OF IT!!! Wish I were there with you!!!!
Ps-the kids are getting soooo huge!!! And meredith--she looks so much like Jessie!
Post a Comment