I couldn't believe it. Why would anyone want to steal a mini-van? In our apartment complex there are some really nice cars, and they chose a Grand Caravan? We called the cops, filed a police report, called the insurance and set up the repair shop. Needless to say, our blissful little world came crashing down.
We headed to the repair shop so we could know how long we'd need a rental car. They told us TWO WEEKS! We can't be without a car for 2 weeks. We talk to our insurance, and then talked to the shop again. We'll have it by the end of the week, phew.
Here are some things I've learned through this:
Look for the good even when there may not seem to be any.
We were lucky that it was our car, not our home. We still have our van. J just cleaned out the van, so no personal information was take. It happened on early enough to not mess with our plans for Thanksgiving. I had used the iPod to transfer info from one computer to another, and I had just deleted all those files about 2 weeks ago.
It's important to have the right kind of insurance.
We're down to one car, and now it's in the shop. If you only have one vehicle, have rental car coverage. We just learned this one. We've always had two cars, so it was no biggie if one
needed some repairs. But now it is a huge inconvenience to not have a car.
Have some emergency savings.
We never would have anticipated this. If something would've happened a year ago, it would have been hard for our family. We probably would have used a credit card, but we don't need
to now because we have some cushioning.
I have to say this again-- WHO WOULD STEAL A MINI VAN?




8 comments:
you're so right! Who would steal a minivan...oh I would! :) It is the weirdest thing, but now all of a sudden, I want one! You guys just keep getting one surprise after the other! Sorry for the hassle! Hope it all works out okay!
Love Anna
That sucks, I am glad that you are seeing the good side of things too though.
That's awful! There have been some break-ins in our neighborhood too. Supposedly, when the economy gets bad, crime gets worse.
I am sorry that happened to you! I hope that things get back on track soon!
what a horrible situation! I'm glad it was just your van, but how low..and really a mini van??
So sorry this happened. I had a Halloween Flag and door hanger stolen off my house and it made me mad. I didn't care about the things they took I just felt violated...like how dare they come onto my property. And then you have to wonder if it was someone in the neighborhood or hopefully just a random act. I'm glad things are working out okay.
Hey guys, we found your blog through Brett Parsons blog. Wow, its been FOREVER since we've seen you Jessie. I don't think I've even met you Susannah. It's good to see what your little family has been up to. We will be regular visitors. Don't you just love the blog world? We've got a private blog, e-mail cleanmouth2@gmail.com for an invite. T.Jay and Julie (Saunders) Robinson.
WOW, That is Crazy!! Why a van??? I am so glad that you and your personal info is ok!!! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!
Post a Comment