Thursday, September 25, 2008

What A Pain...

My wisdom teeth extraction turned out to be.  I've need these puppies out since 2000, but I kept putting it off-- a couple of pregnancies got in the way.  Monday was the big day.  I got prepped for surgery, and I remember saying to the nurses  "I'm feeling nausious."  They didn't think it was a big deal.  I got them to hold a pink throw-up thing near my face and then I remember a nurse telling me to wake up.  Wow, That was fast.  All I wanted to do was sleep, but the mean lady wouldn't let me.  J came in to see how I was doing, and I tried to tell him " I WANT TO SLEEP!"  He didn't understand me either, so in my groggy state I thought-- I know I'll sign to them what I want.  So I start signing--I want to sleep, over and over.  J knew I was signing but he doesn't know the signs, and the poor nurse I'm sure thought I lost my mind.  During all this I'm crying because no one understands me.  What a way to wake up from surgery right.  

I've been on pain meds and things are going well I guess.  I can't wait for my mouth to not hurt because I want to eat something substantial-- No more jello, soup, and yogurt for me please.  Now don't get me wrong, I love all those things, but when that's been your diet for the past 3+ days, you start to look for something crunchy.  Open up a big bag of chips and eat one for me please.  

3 comments:

Dawn Hudson said...

I remember feeling like that also. I woke up and just wanted to sleep I felt sick I was so tired. I was a senior in high school and my surgury took place an hour away from home in another town. Afterwards my mother loaded me up and went to the mall. It was during the christmas holidays and her and my siblings had some shopping to do while waiting for my pain meds. I woke up in the mall parking lot in pain and pissed. I hope you get to feeling better soon. It will soon be a long distant memory.

janaeg said...

Hey cool you got the temple pic up for your header pic. Very cool :-) I don't remember feeling that way at all. I was out but when I woke up I don't remember feeling so awful. Sorry it was a pain. At least it is over now. :-)

M. Leigh Marrott said...

Every time I wake up from surgery I wake up hysterical. It's really upsetting because I have no control over it, just a reaction to the anesthetic. I hope you feel better soon. I remember that liquid diet... I lost 7 lbs when I had my wisdom teeth out. It was great because it was right before our wedding. Anyway, hope you get to eat soon!