Some wonderful friends of ours gave us a gift certificate to a lovely B & B in Dunn. The home is over 100 yrs old and the woodwork was amazing. Of course that's what J wanted to look at-- can't take the carpenter out of him. The house was on half a city block. The grounds were gorgeous, and the pool delightful. Breakfast was delicious-- french toast w/ homemade blueberry syrup, scrambled eggs, fresh blueberries, and OJ. We met a couple from Canada who were in town looking for a house. The owners were most hospitable- she grew up in Romania, and he is from Canada. J and I were able to talk to her about growing up in Communist Romania, and what that was like. She was one of the most interesting people I've met. And now for some pictures...
I love the pocket doors. Fireplace in our room

The inlay work on the floors was amazing. I'm awed by the craftsmanship of an era gone by.




5 comments:
Wow you do have wonderful friends! *Wink* I do have to say that goes both ways by far! You two are an awesome set of friends and will be truly missed when you move. We love the Butikofers!
Hey Guys!! I need your email address that is connected with your blog so I can add you to ours!!! Take care
Okay, you have only been back for what a week and you are already off honeymooning again? :-) Glad you could get away.
You've lost a lot of weight, Susannah! You look great!
Hey,
For some reason I don't have your email address( thought I did) and I wanted to add you so you are able to view Doubles blog now that it's gone private.. Email me so I can add your address...Thanks...
Post a Comment