So, J will be deploying in January for 6 months. While he's gone, I'm moving to Texas to stay with my family. We want to be debt free and stay debt free, and this will help. So, we (more me than we) are packing up and storing all our stuff. I forget how much stuff we have until it's time to move. I kicked Lil M out of her room, so we have a place for all the boxes I've already started to pack. Poor girl has to share a room with the boys. I'm just glad I'm not procrastinating like I usually do.
Well, I also have the Enrichment Progressive dinner to plan and carry out (on 7 Dec) and the Ward Christmas Party to attend to (Dec 15). I'll give more details about both dinners later. J will be out of town the first week of December, so I can't give him the kids so I can tie up all the loose ends. (husbands are so helpful) I can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner. I have nothing done for that either!! What's a girl to do?
I've started a running to do list. I'm surprised by how much I can accomplish by writing it all down and marking of what I've done. Here's a sampling of my to do list
1. Clean up house (never gets taken off)
2. Laundry (again, a keeper)
3. Pack non essential items in kitchen, linen closet, movies, office, games, camping, holiday (all), bathrooms, TV room, Living Room
4. Get rid of paints, oils and chemicals
5. Run gas out of lawn mower, weed eater, blower
6. make Christmas Advent Calendar
7. Make candies for gift for Progressive Dinner
8. Finish upholstering rocker and stool
9. Call about pricing for storage units--DONE
10. Vacuum Car and Van
11. Call mom to see if they have cassette player--DONE (I kept forgetting what I needed to talk about)
12. Type up recipes into cookbook
13. Do Visiting Teaching
14. Take shoes to Amy
15. Take lock box to Jessie's work
16. Mail pants to Kat & Jer
17. Sew scripture bag--DONE
18. Email Sherri answers to questions--DONE
19 Talk to Picerne--DONE
As you can see, there's much to do still. Well such is life. If I don't talk to you in the near future, now you know why. lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hey,
It's me,Vicky!! I like to read everyone's blog from Pope and see what you all are up too. I sure do miss Pope!! We are here in Moody AFB GA and getting used to the weather it's so different then NC. What base are you going to when your husband gets back from his deployment?? Take care... Here is my blog http://www.doubletimes2.blogspot.com/ if you want to check it out...
Yeah always something going on... So where will you live when Jesse gets back? email me... Well at least it sounds like you have some definite plans now where you were in limbo before. Gotta love the military.
We are going to be so sad when you guys move!! How was your Thanksgiving? You need to blog about that so i can see what you guys did.
See you around the block!
Post a Comment