I'm always surprised by how easy it is to be distracted by good things that seem to crowd out the essentials. It's good reflect on the things going on in my family a purge some of the unessentials. Have any of you struggled with this? What have you found helps to keep you focused on the essentials? I really liked the talk by Kevin Pearson in the April Conference (which funny enough I had to give a talk based on these remarks) that talked about the 6 destructive Ds. I didn't realize then just much I was going to gain from this. Truly when we have faith in Jesus Christ, we can overcome any obstacle and put to work the Atonement.
Friday, January 1, 2010
New Year; New Beginnings
This poor blog has been so neglected the last couple of months. I don't feel guilty, but there are some things our family has done that I'd like to document. So slowly I'll be adding some posts that are LONG over-due. Our family has had some personal struggles and we are trying to focus on the things that are most important- building relationships, and trying to figure out what the Lord has in store for us. This is definitely a stretching and growing experience for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
So glad you're back on the bloggosphere! I've missed your posts. When are you guys coming back to the US? Your posts makes me wish I could call you to come to myrtle beach for some R&R!
Love you!
c
Hi Susannah - I just read your post and can relate to it - I have had to chop things out my life which have slowly started to take over, a few times, and it's hard because they are things which I have enjoyed. I just find that when I read scriturs/conference talks daily and prayer daily, I keep being nudged and reminded in my mind of the things not quite right. Hope you don't mind me commenting!
Helen x
Scriptures!!
Post a Comment