Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lil M's Birthday Party (5 months earlier)






Our baby turned 4 in August. I can't believe how old my kids are getting. Lil M is a delight and we are so blessed to have her in our family. We had a wonderful butterfly party for her. The guests got to decorate a pair of butterfly wings, make a bracelet, and make coffee filter butterflies. We also had our family tradition-- the pinata. J usually makes one for everyone's birthday. The kids love it. It was a bit tricky this year. We weren't sure how to create the body. I think it turned out well though. Lil M loved it ( and that's what's important.)

5 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

THanks for posting Susannah! Lil M is so cute! She seems to have grown up since the last time I saw her. Maybe it's the haircut! Did you do all the decorations? They are amazing! You are supermom!
Also, I have a request: please post more pics of your house. I would love to see!

Megan said...

She is so cute! I hope you guys are doing well. We miss you!

Anica said...

How fun! What cool and creative ideas for M's birthday party! I love the cake...did you make it? It's so cute! I agree...more blogs posts lady! Hope you are doing well...miss you!

Susannah said...

Anica-- I did make the cake. The butterflies and lettering are candy melts. I made them on wax paper then when they were set stuck them to the cake. It worked beautifully.

Anna-- I did make all the decorations. I don't think I'd ever make wings again. It was a big pain. I'll take more pics of the house. Would you like a virtual tour?

Dawn Hudson said...

Are you going to do any updating of your blog? I missed reading about all your adventures and seeing pics of the kids.

Dawn