Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hair and Homeschool

This past weekend, my sister and I went to a homeschool seminar in Dallas.  The seminar started on Friday, but we didn't want to wake up early and make the 3 hour drive, so we left on Thursday.  I got to Dallas with no trouble, checked into the hotel, and Kat and I decided we'd go and get our hair done.  I've wanted to cut my hair for a while now.  It's too hot, and the kids try to play with it (not good for curly hair--can you say FRO?)  So I decided on an A-line.  I didn't get that exactly, but it turn out cute.

Saturday morning I was getting ready for another day of seminars, and I kept feeling something in my pants.  I'd try to feel what was there, but nothing. Kat told me I should shake out my pants. I did and a big, black beetle came out.  I didn't want to believe that had crawled on me during the night--these were my jammie pants.  I kept feeling something else,  there was another bug that I saw come out of my pants.  I freaked out.  It's the most horrifying experience.  Needless to say, I complained to the front desk and got a discount on my hotel rate.  I'll never stay there again!  Other than that the weekend went well.

The seminar was fantastic!  I love homeschooling, and having my children with me.  I love that we get to share our learning experiences together.  It's fun to see their faces when discovering a new concept or seeing something new.  I had thought about putting M and B in school come fall.  I realized though, that was the crazy situation more than my true feelings (moving & husband leaving-- not a good time for major decisions.)  I'm grateful that I have the choice of where to educate my family.  Isn't America great?

6 comments:

Dawn Hudson said...

Where are the new pics of your hair?

D and C said...

Hey!!! You need to post pic's of the new hairdo!!!

Anica said...

I want to see pictures of your new hairdo too.
Good for your for feeling confident about making major life decisions. I've realized you'll always be happy if you listen to those feelings.

Kristin and Jay said...

I will say this just like everyone else. Ummm hello! YOu can't post about a hair cut and not put a picure on it!!

Ivy & Mae said...

Where's a pic of the hair do!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

First of all, I'm with everyone else, "SHOW THE HAIRCUT CHICKA!"

And you are way more of a trooper than I am. I don't think I would WANT to home school my kids. It's not that I couldn't, I just don't want to. =) I love them tremendously and they are such great children, but I couldn't have them home that much, and my kids couldn't be home that much either. They do much better if they can get out of our home on a periodical basis. But good for you.