Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Semper Fi

My middle brother (I have 5), David, graduated Marine Corps Boot Camp March 14th.  Nana, the kids, and I went to pick him up from the airport.   He came home wearing his dress uniform, and he looked sharp.  When B saw David, he said, "I want to be on of those (a marine) when I grow up!"  I think B was impressed by the uniform.  
M's been needing a haircut, but I like the shaggy hair so I've been waiting.  M asked if he could get a Marine haircut.  I told J about that, and he was not too pleased.  Later, I asked M if he wanted a Marine haircut or an Air Force hair cut.  He told me, "An Air Force hair cut."  I can see he got his priorities straight.
My family has a rich legacy of military service.  Both my Grandpa's served in the military, one in the Army the other in the ArmyAir Corps, 
during WWII.  My dad was an Army Officer.  I have 4 uncles that served (2 Army and 2 Marines).  J, Jeremy (BIL), and 
Parley are or were in the Air Force, and now David is a Marine.  Jessie's Grandpa also served in Navy during WWII.  He has two uncles in the Air Force, and a brother,  who served in the Marines.  I'm proud to have this tradition in my family.  I'm truly grateful to live in such a blessed land.  I love America and her freedoms and people.  Thank you to all who have served this great country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oorah!!

http://k9pride.wordpress.com/

Linsie said...

Oorah and Simper Fi! It sounds like Blake has the right idea.

Dale