Thursday, March 27, 2008

Italy Or Bust

 

J called me today to tell me..... WE'RE MOVING TO ITALY!!! We'll be stationed at Aviano AB. It's in the northern part of Italy (abt 1 1/2 hr from Venice). For those of you at Pope, this has been a long time coming. We've been stationed there for 6 1/2 years. By the time we PCS (permanent change in station) it will be 7 years. I'm so excited for this opportunity to experience a new country and learn a new language. All of us are going to learn Italian. I learned there is no base housing available like I'm used to, so we'll live in one of the towns surrounding the Air Base. It will be an adventure for sure. If anyone would like to visit us over there, just let me know. We report there before Jan 09.

Ciao for now.

11 comments:

Chiara said...

susannah - what a small world!! This is your old roommate Chiara from Ricks. I found your blog....from Kristins, to Austins, to yours! ;)- Your kids are darling! Love the red hair those boys have! Umm....I'm pretty sure I'll be coming to visit you in Italy....I've always wanted to go there!! Lucky you! What a fun adventure you guys will have!

Dawn Hudson said...

I soooo can not believe you are going to Italy!! YOu must be on cloud 9!! That is crazy. I guess the only thing that is awful is you are going to move back to pope for like 4 months then it will be time to move again. Small sacrafice to be moving to Itlay! Wow, I am a little jealous.

Ivy & Mae said...

Italy! That sounds very exciting! Good luck with getting ready to move and getting set up in a new coutry. What a great adventure.

johnandvic said...

Italy!! Wow I sure would like to go.. We were at Pope a total of 10 years and NEVER got wonderful orders to somewhere like that!! Must be nice.. I know you and your family will have a wonderful time there. A must do over there is to do a lot of traveling!!!

Laura said...

That is so exciting! I'm so jealous. I bet you guys are so excited. If i'm ever in the area i'll for sure stop and visit!

Anica said...

Wow! Congratulations! I lived overseas as a child and I loved it. I've heard good things about Italy.

janaeg said...

Okay wow, that was out of the blue... What happened to Washington? Is Italy on Vonage for free? I hope so... :-) How long will you be there for? I guess you won't have to think about buying a house now for a while. Still processing..... :-)

Kristin and Jay said...

How amazing would that be!! For me a little frightening, but I'm thinking you are probably super pumped. You were never one to back down on a challenge! I hope the move goes smoothly and I hope to see awesome Italy pics up soon!!!

Linsie said...

How cool. I can't believe how spread out our family is getting, with my sis in Hawaii, my parents moving to Veracruz Mexico, and you moving to Italy! Those are just the exotic places. Besides that we have Ty going to Wisconsin, Danitra @ fam here in Anchorage, and bros and sis' all over the lower forty-eight. Time for Dale to get a Northwest job so we can go visit everyone! ;) I think it is so cool that you won't live in base housing, too. That way you will really be immersed. You are so brave! Have fun! I'd say we'll miss you except we haven't seen you in 6 and a half years anyway, so what difference is Italy? Uh, ood-gay ye-bay. (I only speak Pig Latin. I ain't learnin' Italian or Spanish--I could MAYBE brush up on German, but that's not really helpful, is it?) See you in Italy!

Lins and Fam

Anonymous said...

Hey
You guys should take a trip up to Germany when you get over there and we will show you around. We will be PCSing back to the states anytime after Feb 09. We can meet at the military resort in southern Germany! I would be fun! Here is the website for it! http://www.edelweisslodgeandresort.com/

Shayna said...

hello!! kristin told me she found you. its me, shayna, in case you were wondering we lived together like 10 years ago:) well, look how cute your little family is! i'm totally jealous you're moving to italy. it is my A #1 place i want to visit in the world hands down. good to "see" you!